The mixer/attenuverter that does not get in the way
Shades provides 3 channels of audio/CV processing which can be configured either as active attenuators or as attenuverters.
Unconnected inputs are normalized to an internal precision voltage reference, which can produce either a +5V or +10V constant voltage.
Shades’ outputs are daisy-chained, allowing adjacent groups of 2 or 3 channels are mixed together.
Useful in every patch
- Mix audio sources or CVs.
- Add offsets to CVs, or change their polarity.
A companion for other modules
- Transpose the output of a sequencer without compromising V/O tracking.
- Attenuate/invert CVs sent to modules which do not have attenuverters on their CV inputs.
- Control with a knob parameters of other modules that are only accessible through CV inputs (like Just Friends’ RUN or the Dixie’s PW).
- Input impedance: 100k.
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- Low-distortion audio op-amps and thin film 0.1% resistors improve transparency in audio mixing applications, and allow exact unitary gains for precision summing of pitch CV signals.
- Stable and precise voltage reference, independent of power supply fluctuations.