Dual analog VCA and 2-pole VCF, with digital control path. The control voltages for these two analog circuits are digitally generated, by “reacting to,” “following” or “listening to” a multi-purpose input called EXCITE.
Digital control modes
- AD or AR envelope generator.
- Vactrol response generator – gated or pinged/struck.
- Amplitude and cutoff follower.
I/O (per channel)
- Multi-purpose EXCITE input.
- DC-coupled Audio/CV input (normalized to +5V constant voltage).
- VCA gain CV (normalized to +8V constant voltage).
Controls (per channel)
- Digital control mode selection.
- Response time / compression threshold.
- Modulation amount / compression ratio and makeup gain.
- VCA gain CV input attenuator.
- VCA exponential to linear response curve.
- Analog signal path.
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- 12-bit, 31kHz EXCITE signal acquisition (for metering and following).
- 16-bit, 31kHz control voltage generation.
- Cortex-M3 ARM processor.
- Open-source hardware and firmware.
- Easy firmware updates through an audio interface.
- Current consumption: +12V: 100mA ; -12V: 30mA.
Olivier Gillet, Mutable instruments SARL 2011-2017. Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a cc-by-sa 3.0 license.