Three-channel algorithmic trigger generator, based on compressed representations of drum patterns and their variations. Most generated patterns will work best with channel 1 = BD, channel 2 = SD, channel 3 = HH or percussion, though variations are possible!
I/O and controls
- Clock input.
- Internal clock with a 40 to 240 BPM range (internal clock is paused when the tempo is set below 40 BPM).
- Pattern reset trigger input.
- Beat indicator/tap tempo button.
- Latitude/Longitude knobs with CV input (range: 0 to 5V, protected).
- Randomness knob with CV input (range: 0 to 5V, protected).
- Pattern complexity/density knobs for channels 1, 2, 3 with CV inputs (range: 0 to 5V, protected).
- 5V trigger and accent outputs for channels 1, 2, 3.
- Secret 3-channel euclidean sequencer mode.
Settings / options
- Clock resolution: 24ppqn, 8ppqn, 4ppqn.
- The tap tempo button/beat LED can also be configured as a reset button/beginning of pattern LED.
- 3-channel euclidean sequencer mode.
- Alternative output layout with Clock/Reset outputs instead of Accent 2 and Accent 3.
- Trigger or Gate output mode.
Unlockable items for DIY heroes
- Bonus clock output!
- Bonus random gate output!
- MIDI interface responding to start/stop/clock messages!
- All inputs: 100k impedance, DC to 500 Hz.
- Clock resolution and MIDI processing latency: 120µs (Worst case jitter < 0.5% at 120 BPM). Independent benchmark here.
- Open-source hardware and firmware.
- Current consumption: +12V: 25mA ; -12V: 1mA.
Olivier Gillet, Mutable instruments SARL 2011-2017. Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a cc-by-sa 3.0 license.