The CVpal is class-compliant but uses an unusual USB setting (1ms poll-rate in low-speed mode) not well supported on Windows.
Optimal latency is obtained with OS X >= 10.6.3 ; iOS ; or Linux >= 2.6.
On other systems, the CVpal will work but messages will be delayed by up to 8ms.
- Monophonic with velocity
- Monophonic with velocity and square oscillator
- Dual monophonic
- CC conversion
- Monophonic with CC
- Quad triggers
- Quad gates
- Monophonic with MIDI clock output
Range and standards:
- CV outputs: 0 to 4V, V/Oct (4 octaves).
- Gate outputs: Positive V-trig, ON = 5V ; OFF = 0V.
- Resolution: < 2mV.
- 8 points calibration curve for non-linearity compensation.
- Temperature dependency: +/- 2 cents within the 10° C to 80° C range.
- Output impedance: 220Ω (rule of thumb: 2 cents drop per connection to a CV input).
USB-bus powered, current draw < 20mA.
Olivier Gillet, Mutable instruments SARL 2011-2017. Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a cc-by-sa 3.0 license.