MIDIpal kit?
  • Who would be interested in a MIDIpal SMT kit? I won’t do less than 50 kits, so I want to be sure I will sell them.

Target price would be in the 40-60 euros range for a batch of 50, probably 30-50 for a batch of 100.

Please answer only if you are interested in a kit. There will be assembled units anyway.

• could you perhaps clarify midipal kits vs premanufactured midipals?
    are you considering kits instead of or in addition to ready-to-use units?

[edit: – ]

• There will be pre-assembled units, at probably the same price as the kit – because they will be done in larger quantity by people with a better supply chain than me.

• I'd get two.
  • i be in (one)

• One here too :p
  • I am interested in one kit.
  • I’ll reserve a pre-built one. Probably a bit early for that though ;)

a|x

• I'm up for at least one

cheers

Fitvideo
  • One for me please
  • I'd take at least 2 pre-assembled units, maybe 3 if the price is on the lower side of your estimate. Maybe even more: they'd make a great stocking stuffer for my MIDI-nerd family and friends!

edit: i'm a retard. this is for KITS. Sorry.
  • I'd be interested in at least two kits, need to practise those smt skills... but prebuilt could also be interesting.
  • I might be interested at 1 pre-builtkit…maybe 2 if in the lower price range !

• 1 kit for me for sure, maybe 2.

And at the risk of pissing off many people on this thread, why don’t you charge a bit more for the pre-built one, even if the costs are the same to you? You need to make some money at some point, no?? :-)

• Pre-built is going to be cheaper and less troublesome for me.

• I'm in for 2!
  • less troublesome for me too ;-)
    (i.e. i’d rather go for prefab this time)

• DEFINITELY in for one!!!

• I’m in for one!

• I'll have two. One for insurance in case I screw up the SMT!
  • Yep, one for me too! ;)

• One for me too.

• One here.

• I would be interested in one kit!

• im hesitantly in for one (kit)... any idea (roughly) when tho?

cash flow is a bit of an issue for a month or two…

Does the kit come with a box/case? Is it shruthi sized? I will have a spare shruthi case once the programmers done. :)

The prebuild is a fab idea and im sure you could charge more … just saying. The amount of people who would want ready to go rather than a kit must be at least 10-1.

Many thanks :)

Ben

• It is the size of a credit card, not the size of a Shruthi. There will be a case but no design finalized yet. When? Within 2 months.

• I’d like to build one or even two.

—Oskari

• i would like to build 1
  • yes, one please!
  • Probably. What is it? Is it the SMT toy you’ve been talking about, and if so, what does it do?

(Sorry, I’ve had less time to read the forums recently. A summary would be nice, if it’s not too much trouble)

• @Electrodruid:
    Documentation here

This topic is only to get a reliable estimate of how many units could be sold if I do a small batch of kits.

• two sealion

• i'm in for one, perhaps two, dépend of final price
  • Now that looks like it could be a lot of fun… Assuming the price is reasonable, I would definitely be interested in one of these.

• Im in for one as well!

• I'm in for at least one, maybe two depending on price
  • I’m also in for one possibly two depending on price.

• I'm also interested in one (shure) and perhaps two depending on the price.
  • Hi guys (and gals?). :D Me too please!

• im sorry, ive changed my mind, ive got far too much on the to-do pile, and if a ready built ones the same or cheaper, ill just do that. I really struggle with time and been doing far more music than building recently….

just so you know.

CHeers

• i said the same thing, but wth, i could as well make it myself!
    i’m used to play with small things all my life ;D

• I would definitely take two, maybe even three ... depending on price
  • I’m interested, but probably not in v1.

• for me two assembled ones, please :-)
  • well, at least two :-D
    didn't read the manual to the end before!
  • until now, I did't read the manual till to the end but I already know, that I liked a Masterbox of this including several of these awsome apps! I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed!
    really!

who else?

I'd pay much more (but never as much as acme-5 or what the name is, as cool as it will be)
  • Buy 6 of them, and design a case for them with jack sockets connected to the raw UART in/out (these two pins allow several MIDIpal to talk to each other with a simpler connection than the MIDI cable). Bring patch cables. Now you have a modular MIDI machine!

• yay !
    we'll see.. I'm a noob unfortunately, but this does not sound too difficult!
    definitely interested.

someone in the sequencer.de forum asked for the clock divider?
    what do you think about this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion