PSU for several Shruthis
  • Yo!

I want to power lots of Shruthis :)

Should I buy this: or this: ? Can’t decide…

• For 8 Shruthis you’d need approx 3600mA – are there WaterCooled WallWarts? Just buy Loads of these and one of these

• Hmmm links don’t work. The forum software interprets some of the special characters I think. I changed the post, copypaste works.

• Also the cable doesn’t make much sense… or the Shruthis have to stand in a circle :))
    I think I’d need something like this:

But no idea where to get those at an acceptable price, or even what to search for…

• so you’d go for the second PSU fcd72? It is advertised to have 3000mA, I’m willing to test how many Shruthis it can really power :))

• Personally i have 1 PSU per Shruthi and one Motor per Car i own.

• I dream of a synth PCB small and simple enough so that it can take as much space and power as a small lamp.

So that you can hook it to this for an awesome light’n‘sounds show. Ikea sequencer?

• @fcd72: Thats what I have at the moment, but its really annoying with so many wallwarts…

• @pichenettes: Hahah, nice :)

• @pichenettes:
    a 555, pot, cap, some diodes for waveshaping a transistor + piezo and ready you are ;) will make nice surroend effects if routed thru the trees in the garden.

• you could also put your own cable together

• Godlyke Powerall.

• Thanks for the tips guys. If you have more suggestions where to get those daisy chain cables, especially in Germany/Europe, or if anyone has an idea what to call these cables in German, please tell me ;)

@fcd72: Atari Punk Blinkenlights!! :)

• Ah, I’ve found some. The best ones so far are this and “this”:ör&hash=item20c6385cf0

• Have you calculated how much cooling do you need to install because of the IR radiation this tiny cable will produce when fully Shruthified?

• I think you are exaggerating a bit, Shruthis don’t need that much power…

• We talk again when you come back from the emergency room with your Hand bandaged because the red glowing Cable burned you right down to the Bone….

Translate: Looks a bit whimsy…. why don’t you do your own?

• Its worth a try at least, using one Euro plug instead of two multi-outlet strips full of wallwarts would definitely be nice.

• Oh you are just talking about the flimsy Thomann cables? Yep, thats a good point, maybe I’ll solder my own with better cables.

• Is that picture a mockup? I hope they didn’t really build that thing. :))

• Nope
    Now its a real Spaceship as it now has a docking Pod….

• Oh jeez…

• @flip: Looked around a couple of days ago too. I found this . But maybe daisy chaining is better.. I don’t know. :)

• @tb323: Found these too. I think the cables are too short, or you have to set up your Shruthis in a cricle ;)

• @flip: There’s nothing wrong with circles. ;) That gave me an idea though: connect them in a circle with midi cables and start the sequencer. Might sound like idm(?).

• you can get daisy chain cables at virtually any guitar shop

the price probably won’t be very fair, though.

• Frank has convinced me, I’m building my own cable. What about this combination? Do you think it will be OK? Or should i better get an even thicker cable? What also worries me a little is that the plugs are “for 0,5A max.”... But they are already the more expensive ones…

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion