• For those of you who prefer Mouser for parts sourcing, I’ve created a few projects to share:

Shruthi-1 Digital Control Board <-no screws/washers, and I’m constantly switching around display and LED colors…

Polivoks Filter Board

Digital Filter/FX Board <- not including chips available in Mutable shop. Power connector needs modifying, see below posts

4-Pole Mission Board <— No SSM2164 quad VCA

Dual SVF Board <-cannot personnaly vouch for it, compiled by MicMicMan

Anushri

edit: DSP board built and works great. The Control Board BOM, half of the Polivoks (got the partial kit), 4PM and Anushri are still untested. USE AT OWN RISK.

• The polivoks link doesn't seem to work. Says: "The access number entered was not found."
  • Oops! Thanks, randy. Fixed.

• Thanks bleo this is great
  • Polivoks partial BOM tested and passed. Thanks, Olivier!

Next up: Digital Filter/FX board…. then when I fall in love with that, I’ll have to build it its own controller board….

• Thanks for sharing.
    OT. What's a red alert polivosk?. I'm ending mine but I never heard "red alert", perhaps in some films...
    Marco
  • The “Red Alert” kit was a limited run in the shop that included the crazy Soviet-style case, red PCBs and most, but not all, of the parts needed to build an entire Shruthi-1. The remaining parts are on the Mouser project linked above.

• Lovely red case... M
  • OK, here’s one: the digital filter/fx board has smaller holes for the power jack! Don’t use the one I listed! It would work on the polivoks, though.

• I couldn’t seem to find an appropriate DC power jack like this at Mouser at all. I ended up cutting the pins and just soldering some old resistor legs to the remaining pads and that worked just fine.

In the meantime, I’ve changed the above linked Polivoks BOM for all the parts for the entire filter board only, since I bet everyone who bought a limited partial kit has already built them.

• " I’ve changed the above linked Polivoks BOM for all the parts for the entire filter board "

Cool.. i ordered Polivoks PCB's recently so i have just plain boards. So i can get all parts for filter board from your share at Mouser. How about that control board, is it similar to Normal Shruthi-1 then?
    And the reason why there is also control board PCB for polivoks in Mutable Instruments shop is that it is red?
  • yes, the only purpose is to have both boards in red and with similar graphics.

• Looks like the hex spacers are back ordered, doh!

Yeah and if you’re going for the red Soviet case stylee, be sure to get these red LEDs and this red LCD display instead of the yellow/amber ones I listed. RED ALERT!

Oh and here are the switch caps (I think black looks best against the red case). And people say these are the spacer headers to get.

• :) Red display might be the one that i'm gonna get, yeah.. but leds.. hmm. I also like green/red contrast.
  • You can get the hex spacers most places. I got a few on ebay from a seller pic-projects:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/pic-projects/

• Indeed. I was just bummed cuz it cuz down on the project’s one-clickabillity. I’m sure Mouser’s probably got a bunch of other kinds of hex spacers, I just haven’t got the time to check ATM!

• Just checked. Yeah, looks like Mouser is clean out until April 13 so not too long of a wait.

Just realizing I didn’t include screws and washers in my BOM... !!!

• So, are you saying me that this lists contain all the parts that i need to build a polivoks? Or some parts are not present in the lists?

Anyway Thank you! Yor work is really appreciated!,
  • Yes, everything needed to build the polivoks filter board is on that list. Except, of course, the PCB itself, available here .

• Yes, sure, for the pcb we need the mutable! :) anyway thank you very much, cause crate my own bom is really Boring for me and i always forget something or i Made some mistakes in the order! If someone use this bom for the control board Let me know if it works! Thank you!
  • In case this hasn’t been posted yet, Mouser is now carrying some Arduino parts, specifically the 6/8 pin stacking headers. The part number is: 782-A000040. They come in a pack of four headers, two 8-pin and two 6-pin.

• Nice! Added to my Control Board BOM!

• Has anyone from EU ordered polivoks filter board parts from Mouser?

MERCHANDISE TOTAL: 23,13 €
    Delivery Charge: 20,00 €
    Back-order Delivery: 0,00 €
    VAT Total: 9,92 €
    Order Total: 53,05 €

I added one micro switch (0,35€) to the list but total price went over 50$ anyways, and that's the limit for orders to avoid custom fees.

How about others? Paid any custom fees? They don't always get stuck in the customs.. .
  • I order for more than 100USD/100€ from Mouser and Digi-Key from time to time. I think that customs and VAT are included in their prices. No extra shipping over those amounts. Experiment with switching between USD and Eur and use xe.com to get the corresponding exchange rate so you don’t get shafted.

It’s possible that VAT was extra, but I sent my packages to work at a very large company that also orders stuff from them, so they’ve slipped any extra bills under the radar or something…

So: I recommend collecting more things you might need in order to get over those minimum sums for free shipping.
    Digi-Key ships uber-fast to Sweden, Mouser takes approx 3-4 days (standard delivery)

• Thanks for info!
  • Oh, and make sure to set your country to Finland instead of the US so that you get the EU prices with customs and things right away. You can freely switch your currency back and forth while adding to your cart. Those sites will catch that you’re not shipping to the US in the end when you check out, but then you could be in for a strange surprise about the total cost, so stick to using your own country :)

• The bad thing isn’t the Customs Fee . . . in Europe its usual between 0 and 5% of the Estimated Value for Electronic Parts. You will have to Pay your local VAT for the Estimated Value that is something between 19% and 22% on top of that.

The clever tricky Chinese always declare a Value of 42€, no matter how much it is in reality. Maybe they try this also on Euro Palettes…..

• Actually i always mean ALV (VAT)+custom fees when i talk about custom fees. Which have been approx. 25% from total amount here. I have just not cared to be that exact with it.

I have bought few hundred items from EBAY and i'm familiar with the custom fee/ tax policies. Maybe i should start talking about "fees" only, filtering the word "customs" away.. it would save some internet bandwidth.
    Not using unnecassary words when they are not mandatory. Hmm.. what am i doing now..? I should have better things to do. Peace, out!
  • Possibly some mistakes, and I haven’t found a pin header to really match. Anyway feel free to check and correct this
    Mouser BOM for the Dual SVF board

Please note that the V2164 chips are missing – you still have to find them somewhere else like small bear electronics.

• Those headers are OK, you just have to snip 2 pins/slots off to make it a 6’er for the digital RX.

Also, your power connector won’t fit. The lugs will be too large and you’ll have to rig it up. See my earlier post about my experience with that and the digital fx board. :D

• Oh, ok. Sorry I didn’t notice your post.
    As for the power connectors, I’ve got some of them as a “personnal back supply” so I won’t order them, but I’ll change it in the linked BOM for other users.

• Thank you for this!
  • Is there a mouser Bom for sidekick? I'm lost for ordering two spdt switch. Mine have the lugs for cables. Thank you for share it if available.
    Marco
  • Mouser BOMs checked for Polivoks and Digital Board ( just note that the pots (667-EVU-F2MFL3B14) are a bit too tall for the standard case, there's surely a best fitting size .... )
    I live in France and 'm totally satisfied of Mouser's services with FedEx shipping (Hence I'm not affiliated with them .... ) :
    - French language on Mouser's site ...
    - No bad VAT or custom tax surprise when delivery, they are include in the price
    - Free shipping with more than 75 € order ( So, I ordered pieces for 2 Control Board, Polivoks and 4PM edition )
    - Very, but very fast shipping from FedEx ( and effective online tracking )
    - One capacitor was not in stock, they shipped it 2 weeks after the main parcel without any extra charge.

And .... about transport, I recommend and appreciate Mutable's speed shipping too ;))
  • Those pots fit in the case just fine, feel identical to the custom OEM Mutable Instruments pots and just require a single snip of the plastic shaft to shorten them for the knobs. Pretty sure no other pots at Mouser are a better choice for the Shruthi-1. There are some Bourns pots that I tried: they’re very loose, feel junky, thumbs down, do not buy em!

• @Bleo, Ok so everything's just fine !! Thank you, it's very helpful for a beginner like me to use your BOMs
  • Now that the kits are sold out, I’ve added the 4-Pole Mission board but I still haven’t actually ordered and built, so use at your own risk!

• It looks like the 74HC595 might be an smd chip in the Control Board BOM?

Edit: Well… it’s the same as in the Polivoks BOM so I guess not

• Whoa, my Polivoks kit from Mutable Instruments came with that chip, so I don’t think I’ve actually ever ordered this part from Mouser! GREAT CATCH! Give me a few minutes and I’ll replace all of them in all the boards with this one that pichenettes listed on the official 4PM BOM!

• FIXED! Thanks tossed @funkyfli !!!!! And now the projects are a whopping $0.12 cheaper! WOOO!!!

• :) It pays to check. There are a number of errors in the Mouser database so I am never completely sure.

• Does anyone know what resistors I should use for bleo’s suggested red LEDs for the Polivoks?

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Kingbright/WP424HDT/?qs=NizYiyh06IHssRAc3iTOs%252bfZ8vv8g2D6dRibRwqLf7I%3d

• ok. I’m putting a polivoks together right now and the Mouser Polivoks BOM lists 4 * 47k resistors but the board requires 5. Also, there is an extra 33k resistor. You may want to add one of each as the distortion mod requires switching 2 * 47k for 2 * 33k resistors. 12 cents isn’t going to hurt anyone :) Also the encoder shaft is a little short for my liking 652-PEC12-4217FS0024. You may want to replace it with the next length up 652-PEC12-4220FS0024 to match the length of the pots better. thanks.

• Hmmm weird on the pvoks resistors since that is the BOM is used to build mine…

I think I switched the encoder from the one I initially had listed due to a long backorder time. Thanks for the heads up! I’ll make those changes.

• No problem :) Thanks for supplying the BOMs. So, I can ‘mostly’ confirm the Control Board and the Polivoks BOMs for you. (I removed various parts I already had)

• Fixed the Polivoks BOM, but I’m going to leave the encoder as is: the recommended length in the official Mutable BOM is 7mm and the one I have listed is already 17.5mm. It’s supposed to sit lower.

• Just to clarify… the shaft length is actually about 11mm and pretty close to the recommended length. The 17mm included the height of the base. The recommended knob looks to fit very well. So, yes, don’t change. :) Unfortunately, I am going to use albs knobs…

• anybody found a Power supply for the ambika yet, from Mouser, Reichelt, etc ??
    if possible, i dont want to pay shipping for just one power supply, when i have to order the one olivier linked in the wiki

i found one from mouser that looks ok, but has 3 weeks ordering time :(

• This one looks good.

I have another 12v one from that company and it works nicely. However, it’s of North American flavored pluggins, so you’d need a simple adapter if you’re elsewhere.
  • thanks bleo. i am in germany but i think i might take this one.

• 9V DC, won’t work. Ambika does not need a traditional wallwart (AC to DC), it needs a simple step-down transformer to 9V AC. This is a bit harder to find as there isn’t a lot of stuff which is AC powered…

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion