Things you can do with an Arduino?
  • A friend of mine asked me if I know some nice sound/music related projects one can do with Arduino… but I’m really not much into the matter, so I’m asking for advice here. Does anybody have some suggestions?

• Very little extra hardware and interestingly sounding: Auduino

• YEs auduino, is like a AtariPunkConsole…Or if he like Lofi there is some good FX things like here: http://interface.khm.de/index.php/lab/experiments/arduino-realtime-audio-processing/

• maybe some kind of sequencer?

there is a lot of stuff about that around the internet. i believe there is a midi library for arduino so programming it might not be too hard to do.
    there is also this arduino shield for a nice looking sequencer

• Bleeplabs Nebulophone is very interesting!

• Light controlled analog low-pass filter with five adjustable LFO LED modes.
    • Six arpeggio modes with adjustable rate.
    • Portamento with three speed settings.
    • Open-source Arduino code and hardware
    • 8 waveforms including two with dual, detuned oscillators.
    • Programmable sequencer to easily make your own arpeggios right on the Nebulophone.
    • Perfect tuning across six octaves.
    • White noise mode.
    • Adjustable temperment and key.
    • HYPERNOISE 30XX mode.

Single-side pcb for home etching in attachement.

nebulophone.zip
  • There are some inconsistency between original schematics and code, so here is fixed and tested one (arduino project and compilled .hex)

• Thanks a lot people! Great projects btw! Some of them I heard of, some I didn’t.
    I invited this friend of mine to follow the forums, so maybe he’ll join us here. He was quite interested in getting a Shruthi-1 kit as well btw.

• Yo schrab,
    where the hell can i get WHITE pcbs for home etching???

• fcd72, sometimes it can be bought at local radio-store, 2mm single/doublesided fiberglass. Very strong, i think it’s from millitary manufacture =)

• Hi to all! I've signed in to the forum! Thank you rumpelfilter and thank you to the community for your suggestions....In the web there are so many projects to do with Arduino....and here I see another interesting projects....Thanks! I will inform you all when I decide which one I make....
  • I have a Beat707 which is a very nice 707 style drum sequencer for Arduino. Has many other features as well. A+
  • Schrab- On your schematic, circuits on the arp control and shift button may not be complete. It shows them hooked to the Arduino, but then to nothing. Also, I was wondering how the HYPERNOISE 3000 feature is implemented, as it's not included in the schematic.
  • I concur the nebulophone is a great sounding synth! Super fun to play, thick sound, neat features. It's actually my favorite of all my synths. I'm sure that'll change after I assemble my shruthi, though. ;)
  • @rubyfocus
    it’s my fault – i’ve attached early version. Other pin of switches goes to ground of course.
    And Hypernoise30XX function activates when you reboot Nebulophone holding Shift button.

@bleo
    Yes, it’s the best synth you can do with arduino but with one drawback – only 10 keys keyboard.

• @schrab: i've learned to use the octave button pretty well mid-solo to widen the range ;)
  • hallo,, i found nebulophone is really interesting arduino-based synth..i try to do the single side pcb design..(attached)..but there is too many jumper to use..
    by the way..it’s not working properly..i cannot generate a separate tone from the the keypad..it sounds the same..and also, when i touch the stylus to one of the keypad,, it slowly muted..anyone had this problem before??

best

Nebulophone.png
    732 x 660 - 181K
  • @schrab
    i think the attachment pcb in your post didn’t survive the moving of the forum, do you still have it?

• Here it is

neb_03.zip
  • thanks!

• Hello all, i coming back to this discussion..well the problem is still the same..

Untitled-2.png
    1094 x 506 - 60K
  • Sound Synthesis library for Arduino

• ...and there’s the Beat707 too :)

• I would encourage anybody that looks at the arduino to go for the teensy instead. Mostly compatible, super easy to setup, very small footprint, faster and has midiusb built in.

• www.standuino.eu :)

• Yes, Standuino!
    Their newest Microgranny granular sampler is fun!
    Monophonic, plays 16bit 22050hz mono .wav files (total of 15 in one preset). Simple granular options (loop length/position) pitch, bitcrush, midi-controlled. Granular loops are clicky – there’s no loop crossfading, hope this will be fixed in version 2.0

Just Mega328, 4981 DAC and SD card.

• @schrab
    Is this a single sided board designed by the great schrab himself?

• Yep, but I gave up with routing it and there’s 4 wires at the bottom.

I was very tired after reversing schematic from Fritzing project (what a crap!) and photos.

• *MUSTRESIST

• @fcd72 here is eagle files and firmware hex =)

other parts are pretty common: 6n137, HC4050, HC595, common anode 3-digit led, microsd slot (cannibalized from broken tablet), optional TL072 to use with speaker. I think it’s possible to use MCP4821/22 DAC.

microgranny.zip
  • Id be better off with a .pdf for the board ;-) Thursday is Etching Day…..

• @fcd72:

microgranny_02.pdf
    microgranny_pcb.png
    1282 x 1128 - 102K
  • Another PCB for the Pile of Unfinished Project….
    Thanks schrab, highly appreciated!!!!

• updated PDF – download again, there was one bug.

• We made an Arduino-synth-filter-shield-thingy called SJS-One:
    http://devsound.se/products-page/sjs1

It’s basically a Max 261 Switched Capacitor filter as a shield…
    At the moment we have to different firmwares for it, one 4osc-synth and one drum/fx/noise-synth.
    But it can be used to process external audio aswell, making it a kind of funky, midicontrolled, hackable filter with LP,BP,HP,AP..

• The sjs-one is a great little kit! :-)

• tabularasa wavetable vco …perfect for a diy homemade PPG clone

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion