A new Shruthi-1 filter board is coming...
  • Those red screens are always a little dim. Good, bright red screens seem hard, or impossible to get. Im not sure its a good idea to run it without that resistor though? But im sure Olivier can confirm if that is ok or not.

• There’s the drop-in OLED version. I think it comes in red on black?

• You can use a VFD display and put some red clear plastic over it. Nice bright red display, but VFDs are expensive. OLED will be cheaper.

eg.

http://midibox.org/forums/gallery/image/847-vfdified-mb-6582/

• Try 6.8 instead of 68 for the red LCD. It will give a slight boost… I’ve never seen red OLED, at least not from New Haven.

• I haven’t found a red OLED yet, but I haven’t exactly looked actively at OLEDs for a month or so. The white Reichelt (Electronic Assembly EA W162-X3LW) plus some red plexi on top will have to suffice for now.

• @Pichenettes You’re right. I made it up. OLED = blue, green, yellow. Sorry for the mistake. I guess I was thinking of the regular red/black ones.

• Raystar have a red OLED listed on their website but I can’t find one for sale anywhere.

• Those people also have a 40x2 OLED, but in yellow only. It would be nice for a MB-SEQv4, but mine has a couple of gorgeous green Optrex STEP LCDs. Wonder what their MoQ is?

• I have a 20x4 in my PreenFM. But as you can see, they are smaller. I will get a new cover made.

It was easy to swap displays as it isn’t soldered directly to the board. So I just pulled it out and replaced it with another display (after soldering some pins to the connector).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion