Euro modular CV into modded Sidekick???
  • Hi all, I'm having a Sidekick modded professionally, with both CV and trigger input being added, and was wondering if my Euro modular would be fine to use with the CV/triggers (voltage wise)? I just don't want to mess anything up on either systems...Thanks for any input, since I'm a novice with this type of thing. Thanks again! J.
  • If its done “professionally” there should be some kind of additional CV conversion circuit – as far as my rather limited knowledge goes Shruthis uses 0…5V as CV whereas EuroModular Systems use 0…10V. Didnt your Modding Guy give you advice?

• Well, I probably didn't explain in detail what type of modular I was working with...but my mod guy did tell me (today) that I could use an attenuator to scale down the voltage...and I have several of those in my Euro racks, so it sounds like I should be ok...

Thanks for your help. J.
  • so how will you know when your tweaking that your at 4.95 volts and then one a downbeat you go 7v and fry it? I’d want a safety built in for 5V.

• At least you’d try a simple Voltage Divider:

EuroCV- and Shruthi CV-
    R 10k
    Shruthi CV+
    R 10k
    EuroCV +

Edit:

Also please note that the Shruthi does not work with 1V/Oct….

• a passive attenuator is simply a voltage divider, he already has one. You’re all describing the same thing. Deopfer A183 . Feed it the max CV, adjust the pot till the output is 5V and thats it..

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion