Will this Encoder work with Shruthi ??? and problems with stacking boards
  • Forgot to order the rotary encoder, found this one on ebay in the UK:-

it says "There (this) is a continuous rotary switch decoded using 2 bit gray code having 20 positions and a built in push button switch (push to operate)"

assuming the pin-outs are the same, is this a viable replacement??

please anyone . . . .

i am also having trouble to get the two circuit boards to stack properly, the Atmel controller on the back of the main board sits on the audio in/out and the capacitors right behind them, and so the headers don't meet in the middle ? ?

Has anyone else had the same problem ??

I self-sourced by the way, this is not an official kit.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Cosmo ;o)
  • hard to tell from the auction text, as the seller does not provide a datasheet or manufacturer’s product name etc.

about the boards, could you post a picture?

• Yo toxaco,

you may want to cut the plastiv parts of the connector to flaten them a bit…

• Should be fine if you keep 23mm between the two boards, though.

• The problem with stacking the boards is that they are too far apart because the microcontroller hits the back of the 1/4" audio in & out and the capacitors behind them. I have posted a photo here. There is no connection made by the headers!

I need a header with longer legs
  • Aaaahhh . . . my headers from digikey are much, much shorter, at least 2/3mm.

I have order some more with longer legs so it will be fine, i was worried it wasn't going to fit in the case
  • The connecting headers you need are the ones sold as Arduino board connectors. They’re actually a little too long, and have to be cut down a bit to allow the two boards to be the correct distance apart.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion