Patch-sharing area
  • The infmaous swarm-like sound.

maritron.syx
    195B
  • Very BoC or 70s BBC documentary -like (could it be the same thing?)

canada.syx
    195B
  • Yet another voice sound.

a voice.syx
    195B
  • This one works best with portamento turned off. Creates a nice effect with lots of delay!

01_darkBell.syx
    51B
  • A dirty bass sound

02_mess.syx
    195B
  • some kind of funky bass

03_funkki.syx
    195B
  • this one is intended to be used with an arpeggiator and portamento turned on (value around 16), by holding a low note and a couple of higher ones. Play around with arpeggiator patterns for nice rhytmic textures!

04_arpbeat.syx
    195B
  • simple chiptuneish sound.

05_simpChip.syx
    195B
  • a pad-string kind of sound inspired by the fantasy sound on the VL Tone

fantazy.syx
    195B
  • theremin-like sound, works best with a delay like the Arcdev ET-301 (gives it that vintage sound) and portamento turned on

theremes.syx
    195B
  • weird kind of sound. If you keep a note pressed it’s more kind of a retro-space-effect kind of sound… but the attack sounds almost like a human voice.

wuau.syx
    195B
  • use with arpeggiator and range set to 2 or higher and portamento turned off. Works best with some delay added

arpbel.syx
    195B
  • does what the name suggest… it rumbles, works best on the low register. Might sound different if you don’t have a dual SVF filter.

rumbler.syx
    195B
  • The thick kind with a firm crust on top, little jiggly inside.

SmoothJello.syx
    195B
  • The “Luetin” sound from my demo video, inspired by the Underworld track of the very same name (try C2 C2 G2# G2# C2 C2 G1# G1#).

luetin.syx
    195B
  • A hoovereque super-saw bass/lead sound with velocity to filter control.

noobarak.syx
    195B
  • A bass sound with a bit of filter wobble, totally sounds like Doctor Who to me (try playing the lead bass of the theme). This was in the demo video, too.

docwhat.syx
    195B
  • Theremin-style sound, use aftertouch for pitch control.

klaa_tuu.syx
    195B
  • Stringish and airy.

cirrus.syx
    195B
  • Classic Lead- Sound

legato: on
    Portamento: 10
    Leads.syx
    195B
  • Brass Sound from the good old Prophet 8 ;)
    Brass.syx
    195B
  • Generic EBM-like Bassline sound. Works nicely with sequences and arps.

Putz3R.syx
    195B
  • slightly inspired from my Juno-60. Some fun “duo” pad stuff!

Pad-60.syx
    195B
  • A bank of 128 patches I created.

FunkyBank-v1.zip
    FunkyBank1-v1.mid
  • Fine work funkyfli !! :-)

Many thanks.

Martin

• maybe that i’m a little bit stupid, but i didn’t find how to upload presets into the shruthi-1, and it it’s possible to upload them in user patch area?

• Go here and scroll to the bottom. Click on applications and select to C6 sysex manager.

Then go here and scroll down towards the bottom and look for Updating the Shruthi-1 firmware by MIDI. It shows you how to set up C6. You do not, however, have to hold down S6. Just turn the shruthi on normally as you were going to play it. Then, when you have your MIDI ports set up, change the Shruthi to a “user” patch and hit the “send” button in C6 and select the sysex patch you want to send.

• great! thank you

• little Wurlitzer action. Some “tremolo” too. Works best with 2 or more shruthi’s!

wurlyztr.syx
    195B
  • Here are three 4PM patches I just created while sitting on my sunny balcony ;)

WindSor – A duo mode pad with a windy finish ^^
    lateN8 – some flute like sounds with some vibrato at the end
    shorTy – short, powerful bass sound

They are “designed” for the 4PM shruthy because different filter types and responses where used that are only available in the 4PM filter

Hope you like ‘em?

Cheers,
    Stefan

WindSor.syx
    195B
    shorTy.syx
    195B
    lateN8.syx
    195B
  • A bank of Shruthi patches I created for the Polivoks filter. The zip contains buffer patches and the .syx bank is from my ShruthiFi program but it should also load into patches 129-256 (bank 2) if sent directly (back up your Shruthi just in case).

FunkyVoks-v1.zip
  • Been trying to find out how to load a whole bank into a Shruthi, I can see in the how to dump everything and can load individual patches.

Thanks

• If you mean my banks… The way I load them was with my ‘ShruthiFi’ program. Unfortunately, It’s Windows only. It’s saved on the forum somewhere. Otherwise, you need to load the .mid file into a sequencer and play (at a slow enough rate) or load the .syx file and dump (at a slow enough rate). They work by loading a patch in the buffer and then saving that patch to a location in Bank 2 (129 – 256).

• Thanks Funkyfli, yes I meant your banks. I was hoping to check out your polivox bank, I’ll have another crack later today.

Somehow I seem to have filled up 129-256 with a load of patches all called “PlastiQ”!

• That could be an issue with the .syx file… try a .mid file

Funkyvoks Bank1.0.mid
  • Thanks, worked a treat. great work with the Polivox bank.

• :) Be sure to keep it on a leash.

• wow, there’s some great stuff here guys. Thanks all for the sharing and especially @qp for the guide.

• Does someone has a chance to make a pro one bass sound like ? I mean this kind of percussion bass sound with a really really shord attack, typical sound of Pro one. I ve heard really close to pro one sounds on Shruthi’s demos on the net, but not in the presets of the Shruthi…I just got my shruthi so I still have to dig into it to create my own sound…but it will follow… Thanx

• fabricelig, any examples of that sound you are looking for?
    shouldn’t be that hard using the basic saw/pwm waveforms, some sub osc if needed and a really quick envelope setting.

• yeah, thats it crc…I’m working on it.

• Does anyone have a patch for the Yellow magic that uses audio in and just the delay effect?

• @dude163 – do you want one where the sequence keeps the gate open, and all four knobs are assigned to the delay effect?

• err, sure :)

So all Id have to do is set it to run a latched sequence or arpeggiator to keep the gate activated and then tweak with the knobs? is that what you mean? if so then: yes!!

• Sorry that took awhile. Here ‘tis: a delay FX box preset for the YM Shruthi-1.

P1 = Delay Time, P2 = Delay Level, P3 = Feedback, P4 = FB EQ. You’ll need to open/close the gate with MIDI notes. Definitely a fun effect. Been playing with it all morning. I’ll make another one of these for the filter, which should work for several models
    delayFX.syx
    195B
  • Wicked, thanks so much! now how do I get it onto the Shruthi, via MIDI?

• to load patches on the shruthi navigate to an empty slot, load the syx or mid file in your host or in a tool like midi ox and just play back the file. If everything goes well you should see the patch name on the Shruthi’s display. Dont forget to save the patch or you’ll loose it when you move to another patch location or turn the Shruthi off.

• Ok I’ll try that out. I think I used c6 sysex editor last time

Thanks
  • Someone can help me finish Shruthi Guru Tool for Renoise? I have a problem: when I star this tool my shruti make a continous noise since I change patch. I’d like to add also c2,c3,c4 note on message, and note off, also bank change 1 2 3 4 and program change 0 127.
    ballacr75

mutableinstruments-shruthi1.zip
  • Remember ‘No Limits’ by 2 Unlimited ? Want that bass sound in your Shruthi ? Here it is !

It has been programmed on a SMR-4mkII.

Use the performance mode to tweak it !
    P1 = cut off
    P2 = reso
    P3 = filter env depth
    P4 = filter env decay time

MZ_Shruthi_NoLimit.syx
    195B
  • JM I finally got around to using that patch, its perfect!

I ran a PVK sequence through it and next thing you know 45 minutes had passed, highly recommended! thanks

D163

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion