• I’ve built this thing and it’s the awesomest Shruthi I’ve seen, period.

Hope it’ll go to a nice home!

• I want to be married to her!

• Wow, impressive! How’d you do the weird coloring? The description cracks me up btw. And what’s the reserve on it?

• I have no idea how does the coloring works. The only thing I can say is that it screws up with light in ways I don’t understand. It’s sometimes reflexive, sometimes transparent, sometimes transparent but what’s inside looks purple or blue on yellow. It’s probably the same process as for CDs. The reserve price is the price of the kit + the 4 hours of work at half of what I’m currently paid :)

• Its the same trick used in MovingHeads or Scanners for filtering the color of the Light, its a Dichro Filter, have a look here.

The Effect with CDs is a rather different Diffraction Effect. You can easily distinguish between them as the Dichro FX does change by angle in a more discrete way whereas the Diffraction delivers a rainbow like Effect.

Referring to the description of Luxette….. i want the same Drink!

• hey wait, all of a sudden ssm2044 boards are available in the store! and digital control boards, too! did i miss the countdown again?

hm, looks like it's time for my to build my second shruthi. or maybe i should wait for the digital control board v0.6 to be ready?
  • It’s a fake, it’s not a real Mutable instruments!!!! look at this picture:

lol i don’t know mutabile….

• You’d be surprised to know the number of packages I’ve received which were labelled for “mutabile instruments” :D

• That looks great! If I hadn't just ordered a kit, and I did the eBay thing (which I don't), i'd have been very interested in that..
    And a quick n00b question while I am here.. So many Shruthi's I see have different coloured screens. What colour screen is included with the kit?

Cheers, Paul
  • For this batch of kits the screen is white on blue.

• I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE
  • Start the party, wilba’s here. :P

• * nILS puts on the party hat
  • COPYPASTA...

MEH...

OLIVER, I AM DISAPPOINT
  • OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS
  • It seems that outside the midibox forums, Wilba only talks in lolspeak, kitteh or meme copypasta.
  • And it seems as if his Shift-Button is slightly defective.

• If anyone is interested, the “PLEXIGLAS RADIANT” acrylic is available from Ponoko via the “Formulor – Germany” hub link

YOU CAN HAZ SHRUTHI-1 IN CASE NOT UNLIKE SOAP BUBBLE AT ALL OR VISITING ANGELS FROM FARAWAY SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111oneleven

• Is anyone is interested the Plexiglas Radiant will be also available by request here.

• bidder l***b seems to really want this shruthi ;0

• Gone for $354! Such a steal!

Preparing a (slightly less) silly concept for the next ebay auction.

• There must be a very lucky Luxette owner somwhere out there now…..

Although the Text was among the coolest i have ever seen on eBay a more technical approach could be more of a commercial success.

• I was thinking of reversing the text to something more normal in the last days, but then this auction had twice as many watchers as the the other one so it looked like people really got it.

• i don’t think it was a silly concept. it just addressed people already knowing what this is, but didn’t answer questions that people might have when running into the auction by accident. maybe also the case design is not everybody’s taste, but i still would have expected a higher price for this.

• True, this case design cannot go unnoticed. Especially to birds.

• I think it went that way because a matching towel was missing….

• I actually bought a matching towel saturday afternoon – I planned to give it away as a bonus, but given the price it went at, no towel!

• May we have a look at that marvelous towel?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion