No audio [solved]
  • Hi everybody,
    I build my shruti 2 weeks ago but i couldn’t test it because i left for work. I came back, really happy to finally hear it, and i have no sounds (oooooh :( ). I check the troubleshooting section and probe my circuit with an audio jack connected to a mixer/amp. i can hear the sound in every step untill the 9 (final sound). In one hand it’s a good news but in the other hand it’s really weird because i check the “bridge” solder and it seems good to me.
    Is there something i miss?
    I read somewhere there is a volume button???? But i didn’t understand where.

thank you all for your help!

• There are holes next to the Audio IN/OUT jacks on the PCB to add pots for volume control. If you are not using any, be sure to solder in a jumper wire where indicated at R1 (IN) & R2 (OUT).

EDIT: oh, and after reading your post again, it looks like you did solder the “bridge”. You can generate a “test tone” by holding down S1 for 5 seconds then release. The only way to control volume without a hard wired pot is CC07. If you can hear audio at point 8 but not 9, make sure the R68 is soldered properly. Maybe try and reflow the solder at the resistor as well as the “bridge”.

• ok, so it seems good (i’ve already soldered a jumper wire). But no there is no sound. is there something else i should check?

• Can’t remember if you need to solder the in and out bridges but figured I’d ask.

• The problem could be:

• The 68R resistor is badly soldered.
    • The bridge is incorrectly positioned and is instead shorting point 9 with ground.
    • A solder blob between point 9 and the adjacent pad is shorting this point with ground.

Use your meter in continuity testing mode and check for a short between point 9 and ground.

• Thank you very much pichenettes, it was a blob between the two adjacent pads. now it works fine! let’s make music now!