• Thinking back on how she met up with Moroder and brought some true innovation to music as we know it today. Just by chance I listened to I Feel Love not too long ago and thought to myself: “This sounds modern even in this day and age”!

Respect!

• “I feel love” is a major track indeed. So huge. So ahead of its time in so many different ways…

• I was in a disco showband in the 80s, played all sorts of Donna Summer songs. I think I appreciate them more now than I did back then.

• And I remember also State of Independence. Little did I know it was from Vangelis, one hero of mine. R.I.P. Donna
  • I saw the Chili Peppers dick around with “I Feel Love” live and it was truly a WTF moment, both because of the awesomeness of being caught off guard hearing that kickass song live in a big arena and also because of Flea’s amazing work on the bassline .

• Jesus Jones mixed it into one of theirs songs when playing live too.

• R.I.P. Donna

Don`t want to derail, but the Chili Peppers Cover made me remember another nice Moroder Cover .( Not related to Donna Summer though)

• Not derailing. Blondie and I Feel Love... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wh6heXgvek

Debbie is good, I still like Blondie a lot. Even in this version.
  • RHCP, one hot minute…. if i imagine what they could have done if they had stuck to Dave Navarro…
    off topic sorry, but i don’t know anything but the name of Donna Summer (rip)

• Donna summer, gloria Gaynor, Sivester, I think icons of the 80's club music.
    I've recovered also "last night a dj saved my life" from Indeep. I like it a lot and I play it during saturday's evening disco at home with my kids.
    Things change.
    Marco

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion