So Oliver, not that you dont have anything else to do but..
  • ever considered a “properer” forum like PHPBB or the like? The volume on here is increasing by the day and it is really getting difficult to keep track of threads, new posts, etc..

• PHPBB is a nightmare, no way.

I might switch to Vanilla 2, though.

When I have time!!!

• OK, lets just stick with Vanilla 1.1 ;-)

• Vanilla is pretty minimalistic. Search is working good. Maybe there’s a little lack of Soundcloud embeding, but it can be realised with this engine.
    Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate

• I’m just warning you that if you give us the ability to embed YouTubes, the derailment rate will skyrocket.

• No youtube!
    Moderator role for topic splitting to clear traces of terailment squad – that’s what we need ;-)

• I volunteer!

• to the squad? :D

• Yes! I’m an obvious candidate. I never post off-topic.

• Welcome, Comrade!

• I am ready!

(have no idea what this says…)

• БУДЬ ЗОРКИМ НА ПОСТУ
    Be watchful at the post (in line of duty)

• only thing i miss here is ability to quote, quite funny watching people try tho. ;)

• Soviet propaganda art is the shit man! I never thought to google that before but this stuff is beautiful.

And I definitely get the reference on my Born To Solder shirt that I proudly wore all over town yesterday ;-)

• @only thing i miss here is ability to quote, quite funny watching people try tho. ;)@

Me too…

• For me, the only essential feature is quoting.
    Right now it’s quite painful to quote people, and that’s something i’m missing a lot.

• @MicMicMan 28 seconds ago
    For me, the only essential feature is quoting.
    Right now it’s quite painful to quote people, and that’s something i’m missing a lot.@

What about that?

Formatting is a little effed up.

You can highlight by enclosing whatever you want with @ signs. So you can sweep up the post in your cut/paste buffer and blast it into your hot new little post window surrounded by eye-catching @ signs.

• Yeah it sucks.

• [code lang="cpp"]
    SyntaxHighlighter = (is great!)
    [/code]

Titus, begging you of t-shit photo with LA background!
  • for me its about 2 features: New posts since last vist and view my posts in thread. That way I can keep track of threads I am active in

• @schrab

I am a notorious photophobe, but I will see what I can do. The shirts rock so much I may just have to overcome my neuroses and allow my image to be minced up into tiny digits and have them floating around on the Internets.

• I like the “subscribe to thread” feature in some forums (e.g. midibox)

Clean markup is also nice. I like textile although it could use a few additions like quotes as others have pointed out.

• I’m kinda interested in knowing where everyone lives. Most of the forums I’m on allow the user to enter a location into their profile. I’m wondering if there are any other Shruthinauts (Shruthi-ites, Shruthionians, whatever) in my area of southern Ontario.

• The only thing I (personally) don’t like about this forum, is that it is obviously the same software as Narrat1ve use, yet so many things don’t work the same way, so I guess it is configured differently. But it sure does confuse the hell out of me! :p
    Still, extra traffic or not, I don’t find it too bad to navigate, especially when navigating by category rather than the entire forum at once. Navigating through yet another derailed topic can be hard work though ;) But I don’t think any amount of fancy software can cure that..

• We'll need to add some custom code to the new forum to control derailment

if (poster = "fcd72") {
    threadState = DERAILED;
    movePost(post, derailmentThread);
    }

:)

EDIT: arg! how do I make the syntax highlighter work!?
  • I don’t know. If you look at the very first handful of posts ever made here, pichenettes explains how to do it. This forum was originally intended to share code, I think, so there are some features enabled to make that easier.

I am from Los Angeles, home of nuclear meltdowns and train wrecks.

• @piscione: I’m relatively close by in Geneva, NY. Of course, I’m banned from your lovely country for another 9 months since I dared to try playing a non-paying gig in Montreal without proper working papers and also initially failing to mention that I was actually “performing” (untruthful). Yeah yeah.

On-topic, I dig the cleanliness of this forum a lot. The design, that is, not the content. ;)

• Im here

Actually on this Pic I am not at home because i have a black Car (Alfa Romeo – just to make you Americanos Greedy ;-) ), here you only can see my Wifes former red Car.

• Okay apparently Frank lives in the astrodome.

• I was thinking fcd72 lives @Jüngerink Party-Dienst :D

• You know, I’m thinking about “Shruthi geography” project. People tagging their locations on map and it shows all marks together. It should be something using Google maps API.
    Anyway i’m here

Frank, does this cam looking to your direction?

@Titus, without face!

• >New posts since last vist
    When you’re opening the thread with new posts the last unread post is at the top. (#Item_Nuber in the link)

• Please do not change the forum software to something superslow with feature overkill! This is the nicest forum software I have ever seen. Simple, functional, fast, no-nonsense. Just the way I like it.

• i second that

• Yeah, we need to spend less time on here and more time using our kit :)

• @schrab
    about a mile away between the two Churches on the left….

• Posted by Schrab:
    You know, I’m thinking about “Shruthi geography” project. People tagging their locations on map and it shows all marks together. It should be something using Google maps API.
    Anyway i’m here

Wow, it never really sunk in (to my pea brain) how enormously mahoosive Russia is. I mean it is HUGE! Google maps/earth is great if you need a reality check. I live here

I vote to stay with Vanilla though an upgrade might be nice.

• I’m here Calm area in Paris, apartment in good condition when I visited it in august. The catch, and I realized it after having signed the deal and once the vacations were over, is that it ranks in the noisiest intersections in the area with motorbikes and taxis zooming plein pot to the periph at 3AM :-( Next time I’ll go house hunting, I’ll take with me this

This and this are the Shruthi travel agencies.

• Heh. I'm somewhere here. Talk about peaceful. Can be noisy at nights, if our cats fight with some other cats...

http://g.co/maps/7gn5m
  • Totally peaceful where I am :)

I heard about a couple who bought a house in a village while the local church was having its bells refurbished (which they didn’t know about). So when they bought the house it was quiet. As soon as the bells were repaired they were chiming each hour, oops.

• Well since this is now a “where u at” thread Here is me

• @Altitude – I grew up not far from there. 14 mile and Northwestern.

• Oh, we also have street view

• I’m living here in the capital of bloddy christmas crap :)

but it’s not far from here too:

mountains, nature, good wine…
    and we have the oldest dead man found so far:

• Crap, I thought you lived in Roswell.

• i live here

streetview doesn`t seem to work here, but here is a photo

• those guys in Roswell, ha.
    looks like they didn’t hand out all of them to the Sheriff back then, did some freelance experimenting there, rumpelfilter, huh?

• @titus, no shit. I grew up 14 mile/wing lake rd

• @pichenettes, well it’s more or less the same :)

@rosch, me? no no… don’t know what you’re talking about… and anyway I know nothing about that imminent invasion, little insects created to enter your ears and control your brains and the guy that sits in your computer and drips out from the headphone jack when you’re at sleep to stare at you all night.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion