shruthi-1 stops making sound after any amount of time
  • Hey,

yesterday i have assembled my sruthi-1 and it works perfect- no problems.
    today morning i started playing but after a few minutes, or seconds- very random- the shruthi-1 stops making sound, no reaction to midi, the display freezes, leds still shining, no reaction while pressing the buttons or turning any knob- not from the display or leds.
    when i turn my shruthi-1 off and on again everything works again for any amount of time.
    i checked different power supplies- doesnt make a difference.

i really dont know what the problem is, especially because it worked already- seams to me like a joke.
    hope someone can help me out. really got no experience in building synths or something similar.

thanks in advance.
  • Seen that already, was the atmega which was trying to escape its socket! :) replaced it correctly and voilà!

• Geishaballs suggestion is one thing to look at.

There is a very rare problem with some units which can be solved by swapping in a 6N138 in place of the 6N137.

• thanks alot so far! I will try my best tomorrow to make it work again. Keep you informed.
  • I've had a similar problem and was able to solve it. One of my soldering was wrong (had to play Sherlock Holmes with a magnifier...) so that the -5v randomly disappeared. You should check with a wooden stick each soldering while your digital board is powered on. Hope this is the reason.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion