Fun with MIDIpal
  • No heroic’s, but I rearranged my setup today to include the MIDIpal. Using it to sequence a Shruthi-1 and send out clock to a Moog Little Phatty which is controlling a Moog Minitaur with it’s arpeggiator. Fun!!

bassplease

• Nice! I’ve been waiting for one of these! I have a few questions for you:

1) was the Shruthi the arpeggiated saw droning in the right channel?

2) how do you like the Minataur?

3) how fussy was it to get the Midipal to play all of this for you? How well does the one-knob interface work?

• thanks!

1) yes, with the “sawwy” patch

2) Love it! I have been doing a lot of ABing with the Little Phatty and there is a very noticable difference. The filters have a different feel (LP is more “ceamy” where the MT is more “punchy”) and the tri & square waves sound very different. It’s worth the money, imho.

3) not fussy at all. It’s very easy to navigate. I was using the sequencer to drive the shruthi. It’s surprisingly very easy to set up sequences. The thing to remember is to keep the MIDIpal at the begining of the signal chain. The rest is eazypeazy! I guess the only thing I would like is a dedicated button to enter/exit apps, but I just need to get used to it.

...nice addition of the bob!

• Thank you for the video and for the answers.

I honestly am not seeing how survival is going to be possible without one of these.

• “I honestly am not seeing how survival is going to be possible without one of these.” Me too, those look like there’s some fun buried inside.

Randy