"Innovative Instruments Ribbon Tube Synth"
  • Oh, and i am married for 8 years now + i am over 40, please implement some kind of bypass for all oral realted controlls….

• Now it looks like a cruise missile….

• Cruise missile is tame, just imagine if it had batteries :)
  • I was thinking… what if the speaker were relocated to another part of the apparatus and the end opposite the udders became a cavity? A sensor could monitor the state of the cavity and perhaps the pressure variances as the contents of the cavity changed. If one were to also blow on the other end at the same time, one is reminded of – among other things – a trombone.

• the power supply is connected the wrong way

• Is it battery powered or needs an external power supply?
  • Wireless power.
  • @fcd42
    as married for 10 years i can’t ignore this, so i think there will be optional connector for voetpomp.

which will have a switch for tap tempo action.

@kvitekp
    no! only blow-powered (except pump for chaste men)

• just for inspiration

• Existanz?
  • Yep! Best game console design ever -)

• yes but this one has a virus
    :(

• For those scratching their head wonder what we're on about:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120907/
  • Cronenberg has been one of my favorites since Naked Lunch
    “Bitte streich mir noch ein wenig Wanzenpulver auf meine Lippen”

• That's a little later in his directing career. Videodrome is one of my favourites. Dead Ringers is a bit messed up too :)
  • Mmm, as long as your head doesn’t explode Scanners-stylee it’s all good.

• I though ExistenZ was referring to any of the similarly named penis-growing vitamin pills.

I’m going to have to rent that movie…

• ExistenZ is sort of an update to Videodrome for the gaming generation. Although it's partly based upon the novel The three stigmata of palmer eldritch, which I actually read not long ago.
  • I read that too, but a long time ago. Philip K. Dick right?

• “The television screen is the retina of the mind’s eye…”
    ;)

As a pre-internet film, Videodrome looks quite quaint now, in a similar way to Max Headroom. It’s a nightmare vision of a future that won’t now happen.

a|x

• >As a pre-internet film, Videodrome looks quite quaint now, in a similar way to Max Headroom. It’s a nightmare vision of a future that won’t now happen.

Well, it shows snuff TV and all manner of TV weirdness and with reality TV we've started along the path of needing to shock more and more to get viewers.
  • @6581punk I guess that’s true. On the other hand, the whole TV medium is rapidly losing it relevance.
    Is this thread in the ‘list of derailed threads’ yet?

a|x

• Just put my Existanz DVD in the player, comes with a Dreamcast booklet haha. How old is that.
  • Oh, incidentally, Videodrome is one of the most-sampled films ever.
    Perhaps second only to THX 1138 for pricelessly weird/scary dialog.

a|x

• Yeah, it's in a couple of Front 242 songs.
  • I can’t believe Videodrome just came up. Awesome movie. VCR vagina in James Wood’s belly – nuff said. This forum is awesome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion