[total self promo] Shruti-1 sounds on tape/digital
  • hey mutable scene – I kinda faded off the forum a bit after finishing my Shruti-1, partially bc I just had to restrain myself from buying more of these great kits (blame the bank account). However, a lot of the music I’ve made with the Shruti is starting to see the light of day!

Here’s the newest release:

Waiting In Poor Lighting
    cassette direct from Avant Archive
    on Bandcamp

• sounding very cool!
    Is it a bunch of shruthi-only tracks, with some digital reverb, or did you use other instruments as well?

• my instrumentation is: Shruti, Access Virus B, Strymon El Capistan, recorded in realtime with some field recordings in there as well.

post-recording is all editing and some amplifier modeling in Logic. I don’t do much with reverb after recording (at least not in an “Effects” way) – the Strymon has a great spring model built in.

this is the second release (after my cassette on Digitalis) that is more “computer free” than other solo recordings under my name. basically max/msp is handling some light MIDI & OSC duties and occasionally field recording playback. it’s a really fun “low stress” setup where I get to pay more attention to my instruments than to the many things that I get Reaktor cooking up…

• Billy, your music/drones are wonderful!!!
    Marty (broken chip).
  • hi Marty – thanks!

didn’t know you were about this lil place…

• I'll be buying it!!!
    Yes, I built my first shruthi-1 over christmas last. Incredible little synth.
    I've got a sammichSID kit waiting to be built and then I'll get another shruthi with perhaps a Polivoks filter, tough decisions ;D
  • Very nice Billy!

• thanks guys!

• A M A Z I N G – I just bought the EP. Minor critizism: cover is not as good as the music…

Any other works available somewhere?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion